Maya’s House is a residential substance abuse treatment program that serves women and children of South Georgia with the purpose of removing substance abuse as a barrier to obtaining and maintaining gainful employment. The recovery process is orchestrated by a loving and caring staff that utilizes professional, nationally recognized counseling techniques that nurture new beginnings through shifts in interest formulation, skills development and educational stimulation leading to alternative, positive lifestyle choices.
Additionally this program centers on a multi-disciplinary approach to: family counseling, psychotherapy, self-image therapy, and psychodrama, all children participate in therapeutic childcare services on site.
- Detoxification and inpatient must be met prior to admission.
- Priority will be given to women who are pregnant, TANF recipient, and who are in a condition to benefit most from the services and opportunities offered through this program.
Target Client Profile
Often, clients face issues that are magnified by:
Additionally, clients who exhibit the follow behavioral issues can be considered candidates for this program:
- Individuals failing to respond to outpatient therapy
- Women who continue to progress in a negative direction with the likelihood of a turn-a-round
- Women who have repeatedly failed at other treatment centers, who have experienced relapse
- Women who could benefit from early intervention to prevent progression
Although individualized according to the specific requirements of each client, the average stay in this program is 12 months. Treatment costs may be covered by many insurance plans. All services are covered by state contract, SSBG, SAPT-BG, TANF, Medicaid, Peach Care, Peach State, Wellcare and private insurances. A sliding Fee Scale is also available.
Maya’s House serves residents of the entire state of Georgia.